maintaining a healthy home

« Back to Home

Spotted Mold In Your Home? 4 Ways To Tell If The Mold Is Dangerous

Posted on

If you have spotted mold in your home or if you think that there may be mold hiding out behind the walls in your home, you need to proceed with caution. Mold is not only annoying; it can be really dangerous for your health as well. There are particular signs you may notice around your home that let you know you may have dangerous mold in your home. 

Sign #1: You See Stains Around Your Home 

Mold doesn't always look like the fuzzy substance that grows on food that got left out on the counter or in a hot car for too long. Oftentimes, in homes, where the mold may get rubbed off a surface, it leaves behind a stain. If you start to notice random stains on your walls or ceiling, they may be caused by mold. 

Sign #2: Your Walls Are Discolored 

The color of your walls may fade due to the sun over a long period of time. However, other than fading, the color on your walls shouldn't become discolored. If you notice that portions of some of your walls seem to have changed colors over time, you may have a serious issue on your hands. Mold, hiding behind the paint or on the other side of your walls, may be causing your walls to become discolored.  

Sign #3: You Always Feel Tired 

Mold can have a lot of different effects on your overall health. Mold that is toxic can make you feel really tired and weak. This feeling can be even worse when the weather is really moist and more mold spores are floating around. If you feel tired when you are at home or inside of your home, but you feel more energized when you leave your home or are around fresh air, toxic mold may be impacting your health.

Sign #4: You Always Have a Cough 

It is normal to get a cough or a cold during the cold-and-flu season each year. However, if you have a cough that never seems to go away, you need to figure out what is causing your chronic cough and congestion. When you live in a home with toxic mold, you are continually breathing in all of those mold spores. Breathing in those mold spores can lead to a chronic cough, sinus congestion, and even shortness of breath.  

If you have random stains around your home and your walls are starting to look discolored, and your health has unexpectedly changed, you need to have your home inspected for toxic mold. A mold remediation company can test your home for mold and help you get rid of the mold if it is detected in your home.

For more information, contact a mold removal service today.